JumpStarter Accessory Kit
The optional JumpStarter Accessory Kit provides temporary power to a TechGuard Charging Locker during a power outage, allowing users and administrators to open locker bays with the user’s passcode, or the administrator keycards.
The JumpStarter Accessory Kit includes:
- JumpStarter port opener tool
- Battery pack
- JumpStarter connection cable
To use the JumpStarter Accessory Kit to open a locker:
- Use the JumpStarter port opener tool to pry open the JumpStarter port cover. Slide the keyed end of the tool into the notch on the bottom edge of the port cover until it clicks, and gently pry open the cover.
- Plug the JumpStarter connection cable into the battery pack and connect to the JumpStarter Accessory Port.
- The battery will begin providing power to the keypads so they can be opened normally, using the user’s passcode or an administrator keycard.
- The JumpStarter Accessory Kit does not provide charging power to connected devices in each bay.
- More information about the JumpStarter Accessory Kit is available at bretford.com/techguard.