Let’s talk about specials classes. Specials programs are used to supplement core classes and are a necessity to a well-rounded learning experience for students.
While specials are a great way to supplement learning, they can also be an easy way for students to lose focus quickly and for efficiency to disappear.
In a traditional specials class way, teachers have to line students up, ensure they are quiet and single-file, and walk them slowly to their specials class. This process repeats around three times before they are able to return back to their normal core learning classes.
When students initially went back to school during the height of pandemic restrictions, many teachers and schools adopted a mobile specials program. Specials teachers were required to move from class to class with all of their materials on one cart.
While COVID restrictions have virtually gone away, mobile teaching models have not. This is because mobility for specials teachers to move from class to class and not disrupt the classroom dynamic is as valuable as ever.
This can be accomplished efficiently by using carts designed to assist teachers in their venture to have quality classes away from their dedicated classroom space.
When deciding what to do for students in an optionally hybrid classroom space, consider these questions:
- Are the students in this class naturally focused or do they need extra stimulation?
- Do the specials teachers have the ability to travel throughout the school to each classroom?
- Are the specials teachers equipped with the necessary travel equipment to have their entire classroom on something mobile?
- Does it take a long time to collect students and transport them from classroom to classroom in the school?
- Is the school designed to be efficiently mobile or would it be difficult to have mobile classes?
If after considering these questions, you think that your school needs a mobile solution for a hybrid classroom with AV solutions, Bretford has you covered.
The Mobile Instructor Cart, or the MIC is designed specifically to help specials teachers move around their school with two cup holders designed to hold water or small items, two pull out shelves for laptops and other projecting solutions, as well as options for power on board and a cabinet.
Mobile learning with AV carts is easier than ever with the Mobile Instructor Cart.