Managing Admin Users
Users are an integral part of the Bretford Connect system. There are two types of users: Admin Users and Locker Users.
Admin users are responsible for management of the Bretford Connect system. They oversee the lockers and manage all Locker Users and are able to login to the Bretford Connect portal. Locker users are people who have access to individual bays on any given locker within the system. They do not have access to the Bretford Connect portal.
Roles and Permissions
- Admin User Roles
Roles and Permissions applies only to Admin Users. Locker Users do not require role or permission management within Bretford Connect.
Within Bretford Connect, you have the ability to limit access to resources and areas using User Roles. This allows you to delegate members of your team to oversees specific functions like Locker Management to individual admin users within your organization.
When you signed-up for Bretford Connect, a role Tenant Root Admin was created automatically for you. The Tenant Root Admin has full access to all resources and options within Bretford Connect. Please note, this role cannot be changed or deleted and will appear greyed out in most areas within Bretford Connect.
NOTE: We recommend creating at least 1 additional Admin User Role. Give them access to every menu option and resources except Admin User Roles.
Create A New Admin User Role
To create a new admin role:
- From Admin User Roles, click the “+ Add” button at the top of the screen.
- Provide a Role Name and Description
- On the Menu Mapping tab (below), select which areas of Bretford Connect should be shown in the navigation for this admin user.
- On the Resources tab (below), select which resources this users will be allowed accessed to and whether they should be able to view (Read) or view and edit (Read / Write) those resources.
(Navigation) Menu Mapping
- Admin Users
Admin users are responsible for management of the Bretford Connect system. They oversee the lockers and manage all Locker Users and are able to login to the Bretford Connect portal. Admin users are assigned a User Role which governs which areas of Bretford Connect they can access and whether or not they can view or edit a particular resource.
NOTE: Each Bretford Connect Organization can add a total of 5 Admin Users.
Create/Invite A New Admin User
- From Admin Users, click the “+ Add” button at the top of the screen.
- Provide a First and Last Name
- Enter an Email Address. (An invite email will be sent to this address)
- Choose an Organizational Unit.
- Assign a User Role.
- Click Create & Assign Role
NOTE: The “+ Add” button will be disabled if you’ve already added 5 Admin Users.
NOTE: Admin Locker Access allows you to assign each admin total, direct access to every bay on a locker. When an admin with this option directly accesses a locker, every bay on the locker will be opened.